Our picks to keep you fierce, fit and fabulous this weekend.
F I N A L É E Q U I N O X E V E N T
Check out this week’s Yoga Rocks the Park.
Saturday August 20th, at 11AM featuring Tara Cindy Sherman and Her Radiant Flow Drummers
KID FRIENDLY ACTIVITIES
Healthyville – A place for every body!
September 20, 2014 – January 4, 2015 at the Minnesota Children’s Museum
Children and adults will have hands-on opportunities to explore nutrition and fitness in ways that help them understand their bodies, understand the importance of making healthy choices and apply concepts in everyday situations. Eat smart, move more, live well!
- Brush and floss teeth inside a giant mouth
- Touch boogers inside a giant nose
- Measure your vertical leap
- Get the inside view of digestion
- Scan foods for nutrition facts
- Explore how activities affect heart rate…and more!
MessFest is a one day fun family event where kids get messy to raise money and awareness for children battling cancer.
Saturday, September 20
MN Pro Paintball Course (22554 Texas Ave, Lakeville, MN 55044)
Event time – 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.; Registration opens at 7:30 a.m.
For more information and to sign up for MessFest, go to http://www.messfest.org
Minnesota Wild Breakaway 10K/5K/1-Mile Run, benefitting the Minnesota Wild Foundation.
The race takes place in downtown Saint Paul on Saturday, Sept. 20, beginning at 8:30 a.m. All races will begin and end at Gate 1 of Xcel Energy Center.
- All participants will receive a Wild Breakaway Run t-shirt. Plus, all finishers of each distance are eligible to win a 2013-2014 team signed stick. No purchase necessary.
- All participants are qualified to win two suite tickets for the Wild-Jets game on Saturday, September 27. Twenty winners will be selected. No purchase necessary.
- Single-game tickets go on sale race day beginning at 10 a.m. All race participants will be given a pre-sale opportunity to purchase single-game tickets before they go on sale to the general public. A promo code will be sent via email on Thursday, September 18 with the pre-sale taking place on Friday, September 19.
Sunday, September 21 – St. Paul’s Bark and Rec Day featuring Midwest Animal Rescue & Service’s Wiggle Butt 5K Run on Harriet Island. This is an outdoor event for dogs and the people who love them.
Join us for a fun filled day of dog friendly events, lots of activities for the kids, action packed demonstrations, a wide array of vendors, an off leash area and much, much more!!!! Raise money for homeless companion animals
Discover the secrets of Theodore Wirth Park at the Surly Trail Loppet on Saturday, September 20.
Theodore Wirth Park is nearly the size of New York City’s Central Park – but there are more woods, trails, bogs and wildflower gardens! It’s the perfect setting for an urban trail run.
Whether you’re a serious racer preparing for an upcoming marathon or running for fitness and fun, the Surly Trail Loppet will be a great time with great people, great trails and great beer.
The Surly Trail Loppet is a Hoigaard’s Challenge event.
Head down to the Farmer’s Markets for seasonal produce and enjoy the best of the season!
Apple Festival at the Gibbs Farm – Saturday, September 20
Apple Crafts, Apple Games, and Apple Treats! A day of apple fun, all in the beautiful setting of Gibbs Museum. Enjoy our horse-drawn hayrides, visit our Heritage Apple Orchard and learn about Minnesota apples, make apple critters, bob for apples, enjoy free food, and much more.
We’ve been pinning inspiration like crazy – follow us on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/Wellnessprojmn/ for great workouts, recipes and fitness fashion!
Share your weekend wellness report with us on Monday!