V-Up Split Crunch!
1. Midnight Sun Run
Friday, June 26
Come join us for the 10th annual Midnight Sun Midnight Run. Ten years we have been running next to beautiful Lake Superior at Midnight, we hope you can join us for this unique and special event. The race starts on Friday night, June 26th at Midnight.
2. Wipe Out Race
Saturday, June 27
Crash, smash, and splash your way through a 5K course with larger-than-life obstacles and elements inspired by the hit TV show Wipeout! Take on the infamous Big Balls, Sweeper, Wrecking Balls, and Happy Endings! Hilarious thrills and magnificent spills await! This is an untimed event open to anyone 18 and up.
3. Coyote Games Outdoor Challenge
Saturday, June 27
The Coyote Games Obstacle Course is designed to test physical fitness and will be challenging. The 5K course will have an obstacle approximately every quarter mile. You can do the course at your own pace, this is not a timed race. You can just run the course and not do the obstacles. If you are not comfortable with an obstacle you may skip it, and most importantly do not attempt a water obstacle if you cannot swim.
4. Cystic Fibrosis Climb
Saturday, June 27
Enjoy a baseball themed, fun-filled evening at beautiful Target Field, as we Climb the stadium in search of a cure for CF! The Minneapolis Summer CF Climb is a challenging and unique fitness event where participants will get to climb the stairs around Target Field in a test of endurance and time. Whether climbing to improve timing or to simply cross the finish line, this event is a great way to spend the day with co-workers, friends or family while “Adding Tomorrows” for people with cystic fibrosis. At the end of the climb, participants celebrate at the survivor party with delicious food and great entertainment.
5. Mind Body Fitness Conference
June 24-28, 2015
Join a long weekend of yoga training, wellness and health tips from national presenters.
1. Vikings Gridiron Gallop – Sunday, June 21, 2015
Do something healthy with or in memory of Dad this Father’s Day. Chad and Jenni Greenway will host the 6th Annual “Gridiron Gallop” 5K Run/Walk. There will be Viking player and cheerleader appearances with autograph opportunities for registered runners. Funds from this event go towards the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) youth athletic programming. www.gridirongallop.com
2. Grandma’s Marathon – Saturday, June 20, 2015
“What else could you want in a marathon? Grandma’s Marathon starts in the middle of the woods, runs along the beautiful shores of Lake Superior and finishes at a pub.” – Garry Bjorklund. A half-marathon and a 5K race also take place during the weekend.
3. Train and Trail Tour – Saturday, June 20, 2015
BikeMN and Metro Transit will host the fourth Train & Trail Tour, a one-day bike and rail event between Minneapolis and Big Lake along the Mississippi River Trail state bikeway. The Mississippi River Trail, designated as Minnesota’s first state bikeway, provides opportunities tailored for bicyclists of all types and ages to follow America’s great river. When traveling the Mississippi River at the pace and intimacy of a bicycle, you’ll see what many tourists never will. You will be immersed in the river’s way of life and experience a route filled with history, enchantment, and remarkable adventure!
4. Fill Their Plate Run – Saturday, June 20, 2015
Choose from a 10K Run or 5K Run/Walk around the streets of scenic Lake Calhoun. Your run or walk will be chip-timed on a USATF certified and sanctioned road course. Kids choose from a 1/4, 1/2, or 1 mile Fun Run. After your event, refuel on fabulous food from our generous sponsors. Proceeds from this event will purchase meals to be packed at several metro area packing satellites (South Minneapolis, Bloomington, Lakeville, or New Hope) and shipped to hungry kids in Haiti and Honduras.
5. Father’s Day Picnic and Paddle – Sunday, June 21, 2015
Treat Dad to a family outdoor adventure! Experience nature by paddling an old logging river and viewing eagles and towering bluffs. We will kayak the St. Croix River together and enjoy a day with Dad. We start the day with a light breakfast at the Osceola Landing. We will transport you to our starting point to begin our time on the river. An outdoor lunch BBQ (fit for Dad) will be served when we return back to the park. Includes; kayaks, paddles, lifevests, guides, breakfast, lunch,… More snacks, and beverages, plus shuttles and support.
Thank you Holly! Sit-Up Ball Twists.
1. National Get Outdoors Day June 13, 2015 Glacier Lakes State Park, Celebrate “National Get Outdoors Day” at Glacial Lakes State Park. On this day, vehicle permits are not required to enter the park. Come explore the park, go for a hike, fish, swim, or have a picnic. The friends of Glacial Lakes State Park will be serving hot dogs and a beverage to visitors in the park from 12pm to 2:00pm. The friends will also have a scavenger hunt for children. Tours will also be organized for those who would like to see the creatures and features of Glacial Lakes… More State Park. The tour will start at 12:30 pm. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/glacial_lakes/index.html
2. MS 150 June 12, 2015 – June 14, 2015 Minneapolis To Duluth – still time to donate! Don’t just ride, Bike MS. Experience the biggest two-day ride in Minnesota benefiting the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Take on a fully-supported 150 miles from Duluth to the Twin Cities, with a festive overnight in Hinckley. www.myMSbike.org
3. Suburban Adventure Run/ Walk June 13, Lakeville The Suburban Adventure Run is an all-terrain run/walk in and around Spirit of Brandtjen Farm in Lakeville. All participants will receive a complimentary t-shirt along with lunch after the race. Proceeds benefit HopeKids; an organization that provides ongoing events and activities with a powerful, unique support community for children with cancer and other life-threatening medical conditions. Please note: The 5k and 10k runs are both “All Terrain Runs” encompassing pavement, trails, sand,… More uphill and downhill. The 5k Walkathon is all paved and will be wheelchair accessible. No pets allowed. The SUBURBAN ADVENTURE is the largest fundraising event for HopeKids. This one event helps raise a significant percentage of the money we need each year to provide all the events that our families enjoy attending so much. Plus, it is a day full of fun and hope! Your participation will help have a big impact and ensure that there will always be events on our calendar for all our families and the new families who join every week. http://www.andersonraces.com/
4. Lakes to Pines Triathlon June 13, Park Rapids High School 500 yard pool swim, 14.7 mile bike ride, 3.1 mile run. Fundraiser for the swimming program. You can sign up as individuals or relay teams. http://www.lakestopines.com/
5. Brewery Running Series! June 13, Harriet Brewing So Much Fun! 5k, food trucks, beer – get there! http://www.breweryrunningseries.com Get out there and work it! #landof10000workouts
Plank’ N Squat – It does a body good.